Tony,

I whipped up a quick test, and I'm not seeing that on z/OS 2.1.  Here's the
output I get from my DEBUG rexx:

  $HASP534 OFF1.ST    INACTIVE
  REXX DEBUG Detected Message
    JOB:4 JES2
  JOBID:8
  SYSID:4 TE01
  Text lines:1
  Line  1:$HASP534 OFF1.ST    INACTIVE

I don't know what might be causing what you are seeing...

Dana