>    I got values from from our CSSMTP server like:
>   SMTP outgoing mail server: x.y.z.w.t.
>    SMTP port: 25
>    SMTP password:
Clear the userid field as well, or (better yet) create a unique id on the
remote system and give it a password and supply it here. The userid in the
CSSMTP config above is supplied to the REMOTE system, and it has to be valid in
the email configuration on the remote system. The remote system sets the rules
for what is and isn't valid and how that is tested. Most systems require SMTP
ids for authenticated connections to be password (or other token) protected.

Keep in mind that for most mail servers today, messages that try to set
arbitrary domains or other things that don't match the defaults for the mail
server will probably be rejected on an unauthenticated connection. An
authenticated connection relaxes those restrictions. It's a counter-spam thing
and you won't convince your email admins to make any exceptions. Setting a
userid/password to authenticate a mail server transaction does not imply the
ability to log into any system; in many cases it's implemented completely
separately from the actual login process.

Talk to your mail server admins; they can tell you what they require.