I seem to recall a similar problem which caught us out. The cause was the
number of inactive EMCS consoles. During NIP processing, it allocates storage
to hold all the EMCS consoles defined to the sysplex. This may just tip you
over the edge in terms of SQA/CSA and explains why it may not be a solid error
condition. There is a healthchecker (CNZ_EMCS_INACTIVE_CONSOLES) which shows
how many you have. You can delete inactive ones using the samplib member
IEARELEC. We had some defined for TSO userids that had long-since been deleted.
We also reduced the threshold for the HC to 1500 from 3000.

Andrew