1. Been There Done That, Got The Scars

 2.  Whether the vendors were bad or not is irrelevant; the keys were an
    additional risk factor.

 3. The issue is risk, not assigning blame.

 4. And I asked you to stop putting words in my mouth.

 5. " than tell me that my promises are "worthless" solely because I'm a
vendor."
    There you go again. If you want me to be civil, then you have to be civil,
and
    that includes not attributing things to me that I didn't write.

 6. "but you must also take into account what the vendor has to be concerned
with."
    No, I don't. If the product doesn't suit my needs then I don't acquire it,
regardless
    of why the vendor made the decisions he made.

 7. " Also, we still don't know that you didn't get "what you paid for"."
    Who is we? Those who read my posts instead of going into denial understood.
    Which part of " the vendor failed to respond within the contractually
guarantied time window."
    didn't you understand?

 8. " If this were a test and you sent them the information and they sent you a
bad key, so what?
     Just call them up and get it fixed. "
    Why are you pretending to respond to what I wrote when you obviously
weren't paying attention.
    I told you; we did call, the contract required them to responded within a
stipulated interval
    and they didn't.

 9. "If you expected them to be 24x7 and they are not, is that their fault or
yours?"
    When the expectation is based on a contractual requirement that they be
24x7,
    whose fault do you think it is?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz