On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 20:40:41 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>My boss on the government side would pull tapes and tell key people that they
>were dead, then have everyone else continue the test without the pulled tapes
>or "dead" personnel.  That made for a much more reasonable test, since in a
>real disaster bad things happen.

A beta site of one of our products disabled the volume containing our load
library
then issued a shutdown command.  Crashed.  Some shutdown code was transient.
We fixed it.

And an early version signed on with a message on the Operators' console,
"SECRET;
property of [vendor]; all rights reserved."  Or something lawyers thought we
should
say.  We quickly learned there are some sites where operators are not allowed to
routinely dismiss a message containing the S-word.

-- gil