Brian,

Never thought about Using CPUID and/or machine type as part of a software key.

Generally speaking we try to stay away from tying application to any kind of
machine.
Our application is typical Cobol/Asm, Batch/CICS and VSAM/DB2 system.
Cobol 5 was first change in years that required major changes to our
application.
Usually a change to the Operating System has no effect on application executing
properly.

But having said that, since I didn’t know really what makes up a key and how
they work, this is an interesting change in direction and thinking.
Thanks for the ideas.

And thanks for the offer of help....I will almost certainly need it.

Thanks,

Tom Savor