From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Regan
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 7:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Session Manager

**CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL**

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

Several selling points for using a session manager are: 1) you only have to
make one tn3270 connection, as long as you have SNA connectivity with all the
LPARS you want to have SNA sessions with; 2) if you lose that tn3270
connection, when you log back into it, your active 3270 sessions are still
there; and 3) your session manager can automate the login to all the SNA
sessions you want, either at initial login time, or later if you select a
session manually from its menu.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 7:01 AM Jousma, David <david.jou...@53.com> wrote:

> Isn't the idea of a session manager kinda fading into the sunset?   These
> were popular back in the days of coax attached 3270 terminals, but
> these days, having as many emulator windows open on your workstation is
> easier?
>
> Not criticizing, just curious on the need I guess.

> Dave Jousma
> Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
> david.jou...@53.com
> 1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1830+East+Paris,+Grand+Rapids,+MI%C2%A0+49
> 546&entry=gmail&source=g>
> MD RSCB2H
> p 616.653.8429 <(616)%20653-8429>