On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 19:26:06 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 17:59:35 -0400, Don Poitras wrote:
>>  Try:
>>LAA (PSA+0x4B8)->LCA->CAA->EDB->env var ptr array, ends with null ptr.
>Since different processes spawned with _BPX_SHAREAS=YES may be executing
>concurrently in the same address space, but with different environment
>how does this keep the env var ptr arrays separate.
I believe I need to correct myself here.  I forgot that PSA is
so two processors, even executing in the same address space can access different
structures anchored in PSA.  And something along the chain must be updated
when a processor switches context.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:25:11 -0500, John McKown wrote:
>‚Äč    ... If you will look
>at the UNIX exec() function, BPX1EXC, you will see that the invoker _must_
>set up the environment variables to be passed to the executed program.
>Exactly where this data area resides is not specified. That is, it could be
>"hard coded" in the executable, or in dynamic storage. And, for all that I
>know, the BPX1EXC processing could copy this data into an entirely
>different area. ...
Or even perform EBCDIC<==>ASCII translation depending on characteristics
of the invoked program?

-- gil