On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Graham Harris <harris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> John, are you specifically after a 'graph database', or a 'pure java'
> database?

​My area of curiosity right now is "graph database", not "java".

> H2 is an example of a pure java database, which is >99% zIIP eligible, in
> my experience.

​I've used the Derby​ database long ago, when my interest was in learning
some java.

> Any pure java library (typically in the form of jar file[s]) should 'just
> work' on z/OS (i.e. no porting required).

​That has been my experience too. I wrote a java application on Linux
(using Derby) and just binary FTP'd the resultant jar to Windows, Mac OSX,
and z/OS. It ran identically on all four platforms.​

> Havent quite worked out though, if Neo4j is actually a java library, or
> something that is "binaried" to specific platforms.  There seems to be a
> jar file available, but is not clear if that is the actual product, or just
> some 'helpers' to interface with java.

​I have downloaded the Neo4j source to my Linux home system. As far as
"language files" go, all of them that I saw were Java.​