From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Gibney, Dave
Sent: Tuesday, 27 March 2018 11:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: DFHSM Migration of SYS1 datasets ?

I am at z/OS 2.1. I understand the need to make this hard, but what am I
missing.
F DFHSM,SETMIG DATASETNAME(SYS1.PSF.FDEFLIB) COMMANDMIGRATION ARC0170I SETMIG
DSN SYS1.PSF.FDEFLIB PROCESSED
EJES510 LT01-GIBNEY--/F DFHSM,MIGRATE DATASETNAME(SYS1.PSF.FDEFLIB) F
DFHSM,MIGRATE DATASETNAME(SYS1.PSF.FDEFLIB) ARC1001I SYS1.PSF.FDEFLIB MIGRATE
FAILED, RC=0045, 051 ARC1001I (CONT.) REAS=0001 ARC1245I DATA SET NOT ELIGIBLE
FOR MIGRATION

The documentation indicates that the SETMIG command should allow me to request
DFHSM perform this migration. I've tried several varations using SETMIG LEVEL
also. The volume where this dataset resides is Non-SMS.

Yes, I know I can use ADRDSSU to move it, but not to M1 or ML2

Does this function just not work? Or have  missed something obvious.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University