First, make sure that your IZUPRMxx member's JAVA_HOME points to the right Java path. z/OSMF requires Java 8 in z/OS V2.3.

There should be two STDOUT and two STDERR data sets among the IZUSVR1 outputs. The second of each one is more likely by far to be useful than the first of each.

Then check /var/zosmf/data/logs/IZUG0.log. The log files are space-limited, so if IZUG0 got full the messages of interest might have evaporated from IZUG0.log; if so you will have look for them in IZUG0.log-IZUG9.log. You will need to su to UID(0) to read the files. ISPF OPT3.17 is an easy way to read them using the VA (view ASCII) line command.

If all else fails, of course, please open a PMR! If you do, I'd be grateful if you sent me the PMR number. I have a high degree of interest in z/OSMF setup issues, and I will be interested to know what the problem was.

Finally, consider moving the z/OSMF data directory to /global from /var and doing the necessary update to the PROC (update USERDIR) before you actually do anything with z/OSMF. This will make z/OSMF use the same data repository no matter what system in the plex it starts on first, or gets moved to. This should work and play better with z/OSMF autostart and avoid some possible entanglements later on.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie