From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jousma, David
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] OA53355 - USERKEY COMMON MIGRATION SUPPORT

So, has anyone written a SAS/MXG program to read through these SMF30 records
yet, that they would care to share?   Seems to be the easiest method to run
through the daily data to determine who is using USER Key common?   I see
the slip noted in the APAR, and I could go that route, but still have to
look through GTF data it seems.

I know I have one long running home-grown system task for sure using it, but
what I do not know if there are any short lived usage.   We are already
working on retiring the home-grown system task.

SA38-0667-XX  z/OS MVS System Management Facilities (SMF)
  Add the following new SMF Type 30 record fields in the
  Storage and Paging Section:
  Offsets  Name            Length  Format...
  178  B2  SMF30_RAXFLAGS  1       binary...
  Description
  Bit   Meaning
  0     When SMF30_USERKEYCOMMONAUDITENABLED is on,
        auditing of user key common storage usage attempts
        enabled for this step/job.
        SMF30_USERKEYCSAUSAGE, SMF30_USERKEYCADSUSAGE and
        SMF30_USERKEYCHANGKEYUSAGE are only applicable when
        this flag is on.
  1     When SMF30_USERKEYCSAUSAGE is on, attempts were made
        to obtain user key CSA storage for this step/job.
        This bit is only valid when
        SMF30_USERKEYCOMMONAUDITENABLED is on.
        Once this bit is set on for an interval record, this
        bit will also be set on for all subsequent interval
        records for this step.
        Once this bit is set on for a job interval or step-end
        record, this bit will also be set on for step-total
        and job-end records.
  2     When SMF30_USERKEYCADSUSAGE is on, attempts were made
        to create a user key CADS for this step/job.
        This bit is only valid when
        SMF30_USERKEYCOMMONAUDITENABLED is on.
        Once this bit is set on for an interval record, this
        bit will also be set on for all subsequent interval
        records for this step.
        Once this bit is set on for a job interval or step-end
        record, this bit will also be set on for step-total
        and job-end records.
  3     When SMF30_USERKEYCHANGKEYUSAGE is on, attempts were
        made to change the key of common ESQA storage to a user
        key (via CHANGKEY) for this step/job.
        This bit is only valid when
        SMF30_USERKEYCOMMONAUDITENABLED is on.
        Once this bit is set on for an interval record, this
        bit will also be set on for all subsequent interval
        records for this step.
        Once this bit is set on for a job interval or step-end
        record, this bit will also be set on for step-total
       and job-end records.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H p 616.653.8429 f
616.653.2717

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may
be privileged.
It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this
e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to
the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN