> On May 2, 2018, at 2:06 AM, Vernooij, Kees (ITOPT1) - KLM
> <kees.verno...@klm.com> wrote:
>
> Ed,
>
> From the FM: "DFSMSdss does not release any space for data sets that are
> empty (the last used block pointer in the data set's VTOC entry is zero)."
> DMS still exists and is called CA-DISK for the last 25 years, since Sterling
> and Sam sold it to that company for 8 million dollars (I wish I had written
> such a piece of software).

Kees,
Thanks for the update on DMS, We had DMS during the 3850 time and DMS spent
quite a bit of time add 3850 code.

I was a so-so fan of it for a while and then we decided to drop it which was a
major blow to our storage manager. IIRC it got too expensive.
It had/has a LOT of good features, it just takes a bit of time hunting around
in the manuals to find some information, although once you are reasonably
proficient you mostly don’t need the manuals.

Sorry about the misdirect on ADRDSSU like I said though its been a while.

Ed