Thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

I did consider the possible hacks you mentioned but unfortunately, neither the
IEBPDSE utility nor TSO/E LISTDS (nor indeed the TSO/E REXX function, LISTDSI)
have been updated to output the MAXGENS value of a PDSE V2 library.

Even if these facilities get updated via an APAR, their use would be
undesirable since ours is a commercial application and the functionality being
developed would become conditional on the customers' application of the APAR
SYSMODs.

I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and request permission from
management to get the FAMS licence.

Nick