re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#77 z/VM Live Guest Relocation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#78 z/VM Live Guest Relocation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#79 z/VM Live Guest Relocation
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2018c.html#80 z/VM Live Guest Relocation

some other trivia about the cp67 (precursor to vm370) commercial
spinoffs besides cluster, loosely-coupled, single-system-image, load
balancing and fall-over as well as live guest relocation.

other trivia: I recently posted scans of 1969 "First Financial Language"
manual to facebook. I got copy when one of the cp67 commercial spinoffs
(science center and MIT lincoln labs) was recruiting me ... and the
person primarily responsible for first financial language implementation
then makes some comments.  turns out that he had teamed up a decade
later with bricklin to form software arts and implement visicalc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisiCalc

the other cp67 commercial spinoff from the same period ... was also
heavily into 4th generation reporting language ... another science
center spin-off and moved up value chain with RAMIS from
Mathematica at NCSS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramis_software
and then NOMAD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomad_software
RAMIS followon, FOCUS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOCUS
FOCUS also on another (virtual machine based) commercial online service
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tymshare

of course all these mainframe 4th generation languages were eventually
pretty much subsumed by SQL/RDBMS which was developed on VM370 system at
IBM San Jose Research, System/R ... some past posts
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submisc.html#systemr

and Tymshare trivia ... started providing its CMS-based online computer
conferencing (precursor to listserv on ibm sponsored bitnet in the 80s
and modern social media) free to SHARE ... as VMSHARE in Aug1976 (later
also added PCSHARE). vmshare archive
http://vm.marist.edu/~vmshare/

and vm/bitnet trivia (used technology similar to the IBM internal
network ... primarily VM-based)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BITNET
and vm/listserv reference
http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv-history.asp

which is where this ibm-main group eventually originates