From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Vernooij, Kees (ITOPT1) - KLM
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 2:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ZIIP engine utilization

The situation for a zIIP is somewhat more complex and 2-staged.
If a zIIP becomes heavier used, delays for the zIIP begin to show up. It is at
30% utilization when you have 1 zIIP, 60% utilization when you have 2 zIIP.
It the zIIP becomes heavier loaded and delays are growing, the CP is asked to
assist the zIIP. The is also reported in RMF.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286