> On May 22, 2018, at 3:28 PM, Ed Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> z/OS Sysprogs,
>
> ISTR a maintenance philosophy from "eons" ago where PTFs would be applied but
> never accepted.
>
> What was the rationale for this? Does anyone still use this philosophy? If
> so, why?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --

Ed,

Long ago and far away we never accepted maintenance as we wanted to be able to
back fixes off, This was after the DFP fiasco (mega PTF tape).
We were not loathe to change the philosophy but Management seem to cut the
number of sysprogs so we started to not accept PTF’s (unless there was a need).
Management kept cutting and the acting got delayed and delayed and then
forgotten. I won’t say it was because of management 100 percent but 95 percent.

Ed