This list is followed pretty closely by the team so you can ask questions about
COBOL here.  You can also go to the COBOL Cafe (Discussion forum section) and
ask questions there.

There is an RFE on this topic and it has been accepted.  There is no target
date for that RFE.   The issue is this:  we implemented INITCHECK in the
optimizer (not parse/scan.)  That's because it has to do optimizer like things
such as "Use/Def" tracking and it has to use aliases.  So a word of warning:
we plan to enable INITCHECK at OPT(0) but when when INITCHECK is running we
still need to do some of these compute intensive operations so the OPT(0)
compile will take longer.  (Not as long as OPT(1) or OPT(2) but longer than
OPT(0)