From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Susan Shumway
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS V2R1 content in KC (and Google)

Hi all. We've been following all the comments here and elsewhere about the
removal of the z/OS V2R1 content from KC and have been assessing the situation.

-- IBM recognizes the need to improve our client's experience to find relevant
content associated with your IBM products and services. To address this, we
have embarked on a multi-phased, IBM wide effort to right-size content, improve
search capability and enhance technical content assets.  During this process,
you may find that some of the content has been moved to new locations. We
appreciate your patience as we move forward. --

To support this effort, we recently un-published V2R1 content. However, even
though it is still available in the often preferred PDF and KC4z formats, it is
now apparent that searching for any z/OS content online is often yielding
unexpected and understandably frustrating results. (Note that your valuable
feedback is reinforcing our focus on continued efforts to build and redirect
indexing for improved Google search.)

Therefore, we're reinstating the entire V2R1 product documentation library in
KC. We'll also learn from this experience and more carefully focus on online
search and linking impacts when un-publishing KC content in the future.

Watch for the return of the V2R1 KC content by the end of today. In the
meantime, we'll continue to make available all the other content formats listed
on
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1/en/homepage.html
 . As always, see the z/OS Internet Library at
https://www.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zosInternetLibrary
for links to all releases and formats of the z/OS content.

-Sue Shumway

--
Sue Shumway
z/OS Product Documentation Lead