On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 19:23:28 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>On 6/21/2018 6:47 PM, Phil Smith III wrote:
>
>That's funny! Of course, there is no such things as a "point and shoot"
>field in 3270! LOL!
>
>The notion of "point and shoot" hinges entirely on how the 3270
>application in question chooses to interpret the cursor position when an
>AID-generating key is pressed.

Oops!  I had thought it referred to light pen (or emulated) awareness.

The OP/Requester seems to want to be able to tab to fields he deems
PAS while bypassing other writable fields.  Or vice-versa.  I agree this
is unlikely.  Use the mouse -- almost everyone has one.  Or design
panels more cleverly.

-- gil