What is in fact the problem with this job, that the SORTWK specification should
be changed from JCL to dynamic?

It seems, that you try to provide the much varying workspace, where in fact,
the job should be able to get its space anyhow.

What is the problem with specifying the historical 90% space consumption and
allow for 50 or 100% growth, in JCL?
When needed, you must have the largest amount of space available, so why not
make it available to every run of the job? It is only temporary,
seconds/minutes/qtrs/hours, not permanent.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286