On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:35:08 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>I would include the caveat
>
>Even though it is available, do not use Nested procs.  Trying to override a
>proc within a proc within a proc ..   rarely succeeds.

I can't decide whether the author of the original RFE overlooked a requirement,
perhaps assuming it was implicit, or IBM shirked the implementation.  There
ougnt to be an extended syntax, such as:
    //refdd  DD  sysxxx=*.jobstep.procstep.subprocstep.subsub ... .ddname

BTW, what's the syntax by which a procstep can refer to a data set passed from
an earlier procstep?  Such as

    //MAKE      PROC
    //C         EXEC  PGM=COMPILER,...
    //SYSPUNCH  DD    DISP=(,PASS),
    //L         EXEC  PGM=IEWL
    //SYSLIN    DD    DISP=(OLD,PASS),DSN=*.????.C.SYSPUNCH

It seems the author of the PROC needs to know, but can't know, the
user's job step name to code as the ????.

What am I missing?

-- gil