Hi ITschak,

I’m part of the team that develops the z/OS JSON parser. From your previous
post, it appears you have resolved the issue you were experiencing.
As you pointed out, we do not provider assembler samples, so you have to
connect the dots between the following three things:
1. IBM Knowledge Center, z/OS JSON parser: Description of
HWTJ_SEARCHTYPE_GLOBAL that distinguishes between the REXX and non-REXX
parameter content: for the first “name” that exactly matches the SearchString
for REXX or the string pointed to by the SearchStringAddr parameter for
non-REXX.
2. IBM Knowledge Center, z/OS JSON parser: Linkage considerations for assembler
language programming that specifies: Register 1 must contain the address of a
parameter list that is a list of consecutive words, each containing the address
of a parameter to be passed.
3. HWTJIASM macro: HWTJSRCH input parameters section where the HWTJSRCHPARMLIST
DSECT shows that these are all pointers to the parameters, in the case of the
SearchStringAddr parameter, the DS indicates that this is a pointer to the
address: HWTJSRCHSEARCHSTRINGADDRPTR    DS A  Address of SearchStringAddr

Is there additional information that can be added that would have helped more?
Or verbiage that should be altered?

Galina