z/OSMF and z/OS Connect target different areas. I'd look at z/OSMF for
infrastructure tasks and z/OS Connect (its new name) for actual
applications.

They both have the ability for API translation and exposure.

Jerry Whitteridge
Delivery Manager / Mainframe Architect
GTS - Safeway Account
602 527 4871 Mobile
jerry.whitteri...@ibm.com

IBM Services

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
09/14/2018 12:47:09 PM:

> [...]
> > > Well, I appreciate the answers thus far, but they're vague and
> > platitudinous.
> > >

> > > Sure, an application on Z should often stay on Z, but that's not what
> > anybody means by "cloud". In fact, given that the vast majority of
> > application environments are not on Z, saying "stay on <the platform>"
is,
> > if anything, an argument that Z is *not* a good cloud platform.
> > >

> > > Resource sharing/virtualization are good, but ISTR one or two
companies
> > that are managing to do a bit of that on Intel (I think they're called
> > Amazon and Google and what's that other startup-oh yeah, Microsoft);
not
> > compelling, sorry. Yes, z/VM is the best virtualization platform in a
lot
> > of ways. But again, that ain't where the action is, and calling a tail
> > leg doesn't make it one.
> > >

> > > As for cost of instructions-TR/TRT and friends are also way cool.
> > Surprise, that isn't where applications spend most of their time.
> > >

> > > Looking forward to more convincing arguments.
> >
> > Convicing? Whom to convince?  Seriously, are we talking about rational
> > arguments or just convincing arguments?
> > I see no hope for mainframe when talking about "convincing" arguments.
> > Sorry, every "airline magazine" article or opinion claims it's old,
> > obsolete, and so on. Nevermind what is true.
> >
> > Regarding cloud - this is similar story, much less rational arguments a
> > lot of "convincing" ones. There is no single definition of cloud, but I
> > woudl say that EDS in the beginnings was kind of cloud - you compute on
> > someone else's computer. IT as a service.
> > Of course some people narrow the vision of cloud to Windows and M$
> > subsystems (MSSQL, etc.), maybe also Linux with popular open-source
> > things lika Apache, mySQL, etc. So, there is no place for other
> > platforms. Why? Because nobody mentioned it. However some companies do
> > use mainframe applications and they can hear from cloud provider
"sorry,
> > we don't have such thing".
> >
> > Regarding Amazon and Google - yes, they don't use mainframes. However
> > their business (especially Google) is different than yours. Not
everyone
> > need oer 1 million PC machines spread across the world. Cheap machines
> > with no redundant features.  That's why things like disk arrays, remote
> > copy services or DR data rooms are still in sale.
> >

> > --
> > Radoslaw Skorupka
> > Lodz, Poland

> > Jeśli nie jesteś adresatem tej wiadomości:
> >
> > - powiadom nas o tym w mailu zwrotnym (dziękujemy!),
> > - usuń trwale tę wiadomość (i wszystkie kopie, które wydrukowałeś lub
> > zapisałeś na dysku).
> > Wiadomość ta może zawierać chronione prawem informacje, które może
> > wykorzystać tylko adresat.Przypominamy, że każdy, kto rozpowszechnia
> > (kopiuje, rozprowadza) tę wiadomość lub podejmuje podobne działania,

u=https-3A__maps.google.com_-3Fq-3Dz-2Bsiedzib-25C4-2585-2Bw-2BWarsza-26entry-3Dgmail-26source-3Dg&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=Pv4VX_mte8HMjZpaSFkeOhwAMQLMB_fKTVDwyOgfK08&s=qFT7aDmiI4sIDouaLNV2YJ6D-

kont...@mbank.pl.
> > Sąd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydział Gospodarczy Krajowego
Rejestru
> > Sądowego, KRS 0000025237, NIP: 526-021-50-88. Kapitał zakładowy
(opłacony w
> > całości) według stanu na 01.01.2018 r. wynosi 169.248.488 złotych.
> >
> > If you are not the addressee of this message:
> >
> > - let us know by replying to this e-mail (thank you!),
have
> > printed out or saved).
> > This message may contain legally protected information, which may be
used
> > exclusively by the addressee.Please be reminded that anyone who
> > disseminates (copies, distributes) this message or takes any similar
> > action, violates the law and may be penalised.
> >
> > mBank S.A. with its registered office in War
> > <INVALID URI REMOVED

u=https-3A__maps.google.com_-3Fq-3Distered-2Boffice-2Bin-2BWar-26entry-3Dgmail-26source-3Dg&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=Pv4VX_mte8HMjZpaSFkeOhwAMQLMB_fKTVDwyOgfK08&s=6XzrPa46drwlMMqonVXJqOMExcm1AwWzSK0PACEFNMg&e=