John Eells wrote:

>I expect that we will err on the side of more free space pretty soon to help
>alleviate out of space problems in this new(er) era of larger system software
>volumes, particularly because system software is such a small fraction of the
>disk space requirements for nearly any shop out there.

Indeed.

>System software data set level space management and x37 abends during APPLY
>and ACCEPT processing will, I would hope, become a fading memory in a few
>years.

Now my memory is fading, what is the name of that third party product which
could intercept x37 abends and then dynamically fix it for you?

>Unlike some other memories, nobody will miss the "good old days."  This will
>be more like the stories about how much more complicated life used to be when
>you had to walk to school.  It was always uphill both ways and it was always
>cold and snowing.  At least, that's what people used to tell their kids who
>rode those cushy heated (FSVO "heated," at least in Maine) buses, right?

Right. In my child days, we were so poor, we have:

1. Running water - you run outside to get water using your pail and your feet.
2. cold and hot water - cold in the winter, hot in the summer.
3. shools have a tree structure - you just sit under a tree.
4. good transport - donkey car, cycle or just walking.
5. excellent entertainment - you just play outside.
6. But food was at least good - no junk food like those fast take aways.
7. I wish I could remember the rest, but my memory is fading... ;-)

John, thanks for your kind and educational posts. I really value them. Please
continue sharing your wisdom.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht