Pursuant to a recent thread here I am converting a cross-memory POST to use
IEAMSXMP instead. However ... I still need to support older systems without
IEAMSXMP support, so I will be dual-pathing the existing POST. I got to
looking at code that I have not examined in several years, and I am trying
to determine exactly what is or should be going on. It runs without apparent
errors, so this is kind of a theoretical question, not "please help me with
this error." Here's the POST

POST  (R3),LINKAGE=BRANCH,ASCB=(R2),ERRET=POSTERR,MEMREL=NO

The questions are these
- Given that code, will POSTERR indeed get control on an error?
- The POST documentation documents two error codes, 4 and 8. Will they get
passed to POSTERR? Where?

Yes, I have RTFM but the FM is showing the effects of years of somewhat
piecemeal revisions.

Thanks,

Charles