Peter Ten Eyck wrote:

>For an inquisitive programmer... what is a good definition for each of the
>following? How do they relate to each other?

Careful - there are more than one interpretations of these terms. Trust me. ;-)

Start at https://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/terminology/ for some
looooooooooooooooong reading...

I quote from above URL these definition. (Perhaps some Redbooks and ABCs for
z/OS System Programming can help there, especially with some background info?)

>Address space

The range of addresses available to a computer program or process. Address
space can refer to physical storage, virtual storage, or both. See also allied
address space, buffer pool, virtual address space.

>Data space

A separate area of addressable storage that contains only data. A data space
can hold up to 2 gigabytes of data

>Subsystem

1. In z/OS, a service provider that performs one or many functions but does
nothing until a request is made. For example, each IBM MQ for z/OS queue
manager or instance of a DB2 for z/OS database management system is a z/OS
subsystem.
2. The part of communications that handles the requirements of the remote
system, isolating most system-dependent considerations from the application
program.
3. In the Remote System Explorer, a container for a particular user's remote
IBM i libraries, command sets, and jobs.
4. A secondary or subordinate system, usually capable of operating
independently of, or asynchronously with, a controlling system.
5. An operating environment, defined by a subsystem description, where the
system coordinates processing and resources.

>Started task

In MVS, a process that begins at system start and runs unattended. Started
tasks are generally used for critical applications. The UNIX equivalent of a
started task is a daemon.

>Job

1. A mechanism for automating analytical processing. A job consists of job
steps, executed sequentially or conditionally. Input parameters can be defined
for a job. A job can be run on demand or triggered by time-based or
message-based schedules, with records of job execution stored as job history.
2. A method for describing which user-defined business rules, allocation
definitions, or advanced formula calculations to include in the consolidation
process (by steps or by status).
3. An instance of a running project. The system stores data for each completed
job, including step logs and Bill of Materials (BOM) data.
4. See step.
5. See application process.
6. The design objects and compiled programmatic elements that can connect to
data sources, extract and transform that data, and then can load that data into
a target system. Types of jobs include parallel jobs, sequence jobs, server
jobs, and mainframe jobs. See also job design, job executable, job parameter,
parallel job.
7. An import script, export script, or report script that can be scheduled to
run.
8. An instance of a running streams processing application as defined in the
application description language file (ADL file). See also streams processing
application.
9. A group of runnable objects, such as reports, agents, and other jobs that
the user runs and schedules as a batch.
10. In the Integrated Language Environment (ILE) model, a collection of
resources and data that consists of one or more activation groups.
11. A separately executable unit of work. See also job definition, job
instance, workstation.

>TSU (TSO)

A base element of the z/OS operating system with which users can interactively
work with the system.

>Process

{Take your pick ...see point 7 which is recursively to me... ;-D }

1. The sequence of documents or messages to be exchanged between the Community
Managers and participants to run a business transaction.
2. An instance of a program running on a system and the resources that it uses.
3. A progressively continuing procedure consisting of a series of controlled
activities that are systematically directed toward a particular result or end.
4. An object that contains a user-created script of TurboIntegrator functions
and commands to programmatically import data as well as create and modify TM1
objects, such as cubes and dimensions. A process can be run manually or
contained in a chore to run at a scheduled time.
5. A series of statements and parameters used to initiate Sterling
Connect:Direct activity, such as copying files and running jobs.
6. In Business Transaction Services (BTS), a collection of one or more
activities. A process is the largest unit that CICS business transaction
services can work with, and has a unique name by which it can be referenced and
invoked. Typically, a process is an instance of a business transaction.
7. See job.
8. Automated tasks that run on agents. See generic processes, component
processes, and application processes. See also application process, component
process, generic process.
9. A separately executable unit of work.
10. In System Manager, a combination of systems management applications that
accomplishes one or more customer tasks or a part of a task. A process can
contain other processes.
11. A sequence or flow of activities in an organization with the objective of
carrying out work. In BPMN, a process is depicted as a graph of flow elements,
which are a set of activities, events, gateways, and sequence flow paths that
adhere to BPMN execution semantics.
12. A series of related activities aimed at achieving a set of objectives in a
measurable, usually repeatable manner. A process can specify any of the roles,
responsibilities, tools, and management controls required to reliably deliver
its outputs.
13. For Common Programming APIs ToolKit, the collection of all i5/OS jobs
sharing an activation group.
14. An address space and single thread of control that executes within that
address space, and its required system resources. A process is created by
another process issuing the fork() function. The process that issues the fork()
function is known as the parent process, and the new process created by the
fork() function is known as the child process.
15. In the Application Lab, a sequence of steps.

>Enclave

1. A transaction that can span multiple dispatchable units (service request
blocks and tasks) in one or more address spaces and is reported on and managed
as a unit.
2. In Language Environment, an independent collection of routines, one of which
is designated as the main routine. An enclave is similar to a program or run
unit.

>How do they relate to each other?

I will give one attempt: STC differs from TSU/batch job in that STC's Owner is
assigned by RACF while the other two owners are supplied by submitter/person.

I believe you will get 1001 other and better definitions for these terms.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht