All,
We've retired an application and are in the process of cleanup.  Does anyone
know of a way to identify what is allocating a given dataset if it's never
opened?  SMF cuts 14 & 15 records only if the dataset is open.  Other than
scratch, rename, and other VTOC changes, I haven't found an SMF record that
contains the dataset name, just the DD name or unit address.  The MONITOR
option in CONSOLExx can track the deallocation in SYSLOG/OPERLOG, but for TSO
sessions you can't tie that back to a CLIST or command.  For batch jobs, you
can eventually tie it back to the step.  The only other way I've seen is the
hit-or-miss enqueue check and contact the TSO session owner.

Jim