From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Unreadable code (Was: Concurrent Server Task Dispatch issue
multitasking issue)

I have seen some reports that current C compilers, which understand the
z-hardware pipeline, can actually produce object that is faster running
than an assembler. Mainly because no sane assembler programmer would
produce great pipe-line code because it would be un-maintanable.

I am an assembler programmer, not a C programmer, so I view the reports
with some speciesism.

Tony Thigpen