From: Gadi Ben-Avi [mailto:gad...@malam.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: how many OSes run on IBMz

You forgot z/VM

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
John McKown
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: how many OSes run on IBMz

This is mainly a curiosity question. I know of: z/OS, z/VSE, z/TPF, and
z/Linux. Are there any others?

OK, the real reason I'm asking is to be a bit weird in a game that I play.
It is "No Man's Sky",which is a space exploration game. When you discover a new
star system or planet, you can rename it. So I plan to find a star with "n"
planets, where "n" is the number of OSes which run on the IBMz platform. I will
name the star IBMz, and the planets after the OSes. If there are any moons
around a planet, I will try to name them after some major subsystem which runs
on the OS with that name, such as JES2 or POWER or RSCS.

--
I just burned 2000 calories!
That's the last time I'll nap with brownies in the oven.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown