Thanks for your replies.  I had done a REFRESH in RACF for the FACILITY profile
changes.

If I start IPCS in an alternate session and then allow the application to
abend, I can still view memory areas after the abend via ACTIVE in the
alternate session, but not from a second TSO user.  (But viewing from a split
screen affects the getmain'd addresses I'm trying to view.)

Could there be something about storage keys that I'm missing?  The application
does run from an APF authorized library, but AC=0.