Some questions:
Why are you looking into this, what problem must you solve?
Why does the first impression not work?

Tape mount analyzer was based on delays because of a limited number of
tapeunits. The specs of the DL8100 specify 512 virtual drives, so this might
not be your problem and TMM might not give you the desired answer.
You can do your own analyzes from SMF and, based on your problem, calculate
your solution. Especially with SAS this is well doable.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286