Many, many thanks to all of you for your comments.  I've made a long list of
quotes pulled from your emails and plan to go over them with the sysprog in
tomorrow's meeting.  Then she goes away on vacation for a month, so I'll have
lots of time to think, reread, ask more questions and peruse the documentation.
 You probably won't hear many more questions from me for a while, therefore,
but I'm certain to be back eventually.

---
Bob Bridges, cell 336 382-7313
  robhbrid...@gmail.com
  rbrid...@infosecinc.com

/* A fanatic is someone who does what he knows God would do if God knew the
facts of the case.  -found at http://www.algonet.se/~parlei/quotes.html */