From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Farley, Peter x23353 <peter.far...@broadridge.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Where does ISPF determine how to repsond to "Attention" function?

Thanks Timothy. I am indeed using TN3270E, but I am still somewhat mystified.
PCOMM definitely maps "Attention" to the un-shifted Esc key on the keyboard,
but it ACTS like PA1 in the ISPF / TSO HELP tutorial description on my
employer's system, but not on my friend's system.  He can use PA1 to "reshow"
in ISPF, but not Attention.

As I said originally, this is just a curiosity of mine, not a problem, but it
is still a small mystery.  Perhaps my employer's system has an exit (perhaps an
ISPF / TSO STAX exit? maybe a VTAM exit?) coded somewhere that re-maps
Attention to PA1?

Peter