On 2/26/2019 10:35 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:

There is still much more to do to bring JES2 up to JES3 standard, but
apparently IBM believes they can get it all done by September 2021...
Hahaha, LOL, I don't believe in such predictions that something will happens at
time X/Y/Z. Usually I take such 'predictions' with a very small pinch of
tasteless salt, but I will remember it and wait at the predicted date/time.

Haha! Me too! I've won almost every bet I've ever made on such timelines being overly-optimistic. LOL :-D

Oh, wait, big blue forgot about backward compatibility...

In a BIG way! :-\

I however see, there will be a lot of vendors trying to assisting conversion to
JES2 from JES3.

You're right! Among others, I suspect IBM Global Services will try to pretend they actually know how to perform the conversion and charge tremendous sums of money to try to do so! =-O

There's plenty of time to get it right. By my calculation, today's announcement gives JES3 only another 10 1/2 years of life before it becomes fully unsupported software. I might be retired by then... ;-)

--
Phoenix Software International
Edward E. Jaffe

This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended messages and the
information contained therein, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have otherwise
received this email message in error, any use, dissemination, distribution,
review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the information
contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain this email
message or any or all of the information contained therein. Although this
email message and any attachments or appended messages are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the
sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its opening or use.