On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Knutson, Samuel <
samuel.knut...@compuware.com> wrote:

> Do you the think the z/OS overall ecosystem and the platform is made
> stronger or weaker by getting to one JES?

Yes.

> I think that for a core part of the mainframe platform rationalizing to a
> single standard configuration of the OS from two options makes it more
> sustainable.  Vendors and IBM can avoid duplicate investments and customers
> can better rely on pervasive support by software and an increase in the
> available supply of skills to operate their systems.  In my opinion IBM
> should have made this definitive choice sooner this amounts to acceptance
> of prevailing trends.

I like what I've read about the addition of JES3 type facilities into JES2.
Of course, at this place, I'll likely never see them. But, then, we have
been acquired by United Healthcare One, so I don't know what the future
will bring. Well, death is guaranteed, but before that is a bit iffy. (or
is that too morbid for this early in the morning?)

--
I just burned 2000 calories!
That's the last time I'll nap with brownies in the oven.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown