On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 19:01:25 +0200, Steff Gladstone <steff.gladst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The COBOL I/O routine is called by a fairly complex TSO/ISPF application.
>So we decided to communicate to the I/O routine via a subtask in order to
>simplify the environment (as per Walt Farrell's claim that a new TCB
>creates a parallel isolated environment for RACF).

I did not say that.

I said that you could use the TSOEXEC command to create a clean parallel
environment. I also said that you still need to define PROGRAM ** with all the
suggested libraries (from the Program Control documentation) in its ADDMEM
list. That would include libraries like SYS1.LINKLIB and SYS1.CMDLIB but many
more, too.

There is no substitute for carefully reading the Program Control and Program
Access to Data Sets (PADS) sections of the RACF Security Administrators Guide.
They describe the methods that can work, and (in detail) the requirements you
must satisfy in order for PADS to work.

--
Walt