I used a B6700 at University and I became a fan of WFL, Algol, DCAlgol and
Espol (student). In fact I wrote a parser for a Linear Programming language
using Algol. I actually designed the language using BNF and parsed the
statements that way. The only alternatives I have found to Algol (Burroughs
style) are PL1 and maybe Pascal. But then I have never programmed in C or
C++

Can't beat WFL - JCL is so strict syntax wise.