From: Christian Svensson <0000022ad63487ef-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, 3 April 2019 22:31
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: z114 and z/OS 2.3

Hi,

I know that z114 is not officially supported on z/OS 2.3 - but I was
wondering if anyone has had any success IPLing it just for experimental
purposes on this platform?

I see that the wait state documentation for z/OS 2.3 wait state 07B says
that "Miscellaneous-instruction-extension facility" is required and that
appears to have been added arch-level 10
<https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.cbcux01/archcop.htm>

and
z114 is arch-level 9. The other facilities appears to be present in z114.

Still, I wonder if this is reflective of the reality.
Does anyone on the list have any real life confirmations that it will
indeed blow up in my face if I try it?

Thanks,