Again I am sorry but at this point I believe you cannot issue a CALL for a
program in 64 bits. I do nothing when switching back and forth with my CALLs.

In a message dated 4/4/2019 11:09:16 AM Venezuela Standard Time,
mutazi...@gmail.com writes:

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:03:43 +0000, Gene Hudders <eshudd...@aol.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I don't have to make any changes> to my 31 bit programs using
> CALLs and using> 64-bit addressing. We have lots of programs> doing both AM31
> and AM64 with the only change> is the instructions to change the addressing
> mode.
If you are changing addressing mode to31-bit, so that you can cope with
thex'80' bit in a CALL, then you would needto do the same thing with an
AM32program.
> Do you realize how many user programs that> have CALLs embedded in the code
> that would> require eliminating the HO X'80' bit?
A problem that exists when trying toconvert to pure AM64 too.
BFN. Paul.
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,send email to