From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: iplinfo (Mark Zelden CBT434) - how to save edit

On Sat, 11 May 2019 13:24:22 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 11 May 2019 05:13:12 -0400, Mike Stramba wrote:
>>I then get  (top right corner in ispfedit / IPLINFOP      'Data set
>>not cataloged'
>>
>>F1 : gives
>>
>>'SYS19131.T040928.RA000.Z33854.R0114135' was not found in catalog.
>>
>Aren't the attributes of the data set being edited available by:
>    ►► ISREDIT (var1,var2) = RECFM     ►◄
>    ►► ISREDIT (varname) = LRECL       ►◄
>?
>I believe I've used these for a subsequent allocation of INTRDR to match my
>JCL file.

The IPLINFO EDIT option just EDITs the temp data set that contains the output
instead of browsing it (using a custom panel from the exec).  ISREDIT is not a
primary ISPF command.  Talk about overkill - Why would you create an edit maco
to find
the RECFM and LRECL?   You can look at the output and see it is LRECL=80 by
the panel (top right shows "Columns 00001 00080"). Or you could use COLS as a
line command. Or you could look at the IPLINFO source and see the attributes of
the temp dsn allocated.

BTW, on my system I don't get "(temp dsn) was not found in catalog", I get an
obtain error if I do what Mike did because my temp dsn is allocated to VIO
because it is so small and that's what the SMS rules do.

Best Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS ITIL v3
Foundation Certified mailto:m...@mzelden.com Mark's MVS Utilities: