I'm trying to compile and run the PL/I ON ATTENTION interrupt example
from the PLI prog guide ver 4 r4 (pg 542   / GI11-9145-03)

The code contains an ON ATTENTION handler with a simple message and prompt :
 and the main line is a simple endless loop.

The goal was just to write an extremely primitive counter-tester,
which the user can interrupt after X seconds to see what
counting-performance had been achieved.

When I run the program and then press my 3270 emulator attention key,
the program just ends instead of the attention handler gaining
control.

The console log shows a SLIP TRAP X33E and X13E were matched.

MVS system codes SA38-0665-30 says for 33E :
 "During processing of a DETACH macro that specified a STAE=YES
operand, the system found that the specified subtask had not completed
processing"

code 13E is :
 "The task that created a subtask issued a DETACH macro for that
subtask, specifying STAE=NO before the subtask ended.

I ASSume the "subtask" is my test program ??

And the "task" is  TSO ??

Or maybe not :/

How do I just get the ON ATTENTION handler to work ?

Mike