>From the IBM page:
https://www.ibm.com/support/z-content-solutions/container-extensions/

look at the video and see that it works just like any other Linux box,
i.e. docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash

I don't think the network stuff is going to work any different than z/Linux
running under VM or LPAR. The main advantage to me is the WLM control of
the address space so that all the tuning stuff that's been added for the
last umpteen decades are now available to z/Linux (as long as all the stuff
you want to do with z/Linux fits in the "container" world.) I think this
is definitely aimed toward production. Getting z/Linux closer to the valuable
data owned by z/OS is the goal as I see it.

--
Don Poitras - SAS Development  -  SAS Institute Inc. - SAS Campus Drive
sas...@sas.com           (919) 531-5637                Cary, NC 27513