Allan Staller wrote:

>And then he will get Sx37 abends because no dataset can be made large enough
>to contain the output.

This is what I said. ;-) This is for the storage admin to sort out.

>The OP need to go back to the source of the problem (Application Program) and
>find out why so much output is being produced. This must be corrected.

Indeed. If this is an once-off thing, ten to one an application is in a loop
and spitting out lines. Or a debugging setting was set or a large query
question was asked.

I once got a complaint where a large dsn was copied to SYSOUT=*. A simple
cancel was done and the corrected job was re-submitted. I am serious.

We have setup rules to catch these $HASP375 and friends. Aftere consulting with
the owners, we sometimes (with approval of course) simply give a nice S222 to
the job.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht