From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Joe Monk
Sent: 09 July 2019 17:44
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: STC gets gets DAIR error 0218/0000

Robin,

I took your comments to mean your file server was having problems
allocating an output file. Thats why I gave the requirements for an output
file for dynamic allocation ...

If its a VTL (i.e. disk pool), and the DSN is specified, there are two
requirements:

a. the VOLSER must be specified and b. the VOLSER must be mounted for
STORAGE use.

Joe