Hi Tom

Will you quiesce all activity to all of the volumes while you take the backups
so that the data will be consistent?

to make the copy of the volume I will use the DFdss ... and it will be sent to
VTS. This virtual volume will not be updated, as the GGM requires. Therefore, I
understand that I will not stop the activity.

What will the data be used for at the new site?

in a first phase, for tests of operation of the GGM.

Does it matter that the data at the new site will quickly become outdated as
the originals are updated after the backups are taken?

in this first phase, no.

the purpose, is to copy all the discs of an LPAR with the GGM, and once
restored, standardize them and start (IPL).