Phil Smith III wrote:
>Timothy Sipples disagrees, which is his right,
>but the industry doesn't, so I'm not sure what
>else to say here.

To recap, you claimed this:

>Read about data-centric protection, note the analysts and
>standards bodies saying that container-level protection is
>just not very useful.

z/OS Data Set Encryption is not container-level encryption, at least not if
you respect reasonable precision in terminology. (Are you referring to
Docker container-level encryption, for example?) It's file-level
encryption. Data sets are files that contain one or more records (formal
definition).

You could start by citing specific analysts and standards bodies (your
plurals and conjunction) that claim that file-level encryption "is just not
very useful." That's your (corrected) claim, not mine.

You've already agreed with the "pyramid," even pointing out that you've
been using a similar diagram in your presentations for "years." Are you now
pushing for a lesser pyramid? :-)

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE

E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com