>I just checked my master cat and EVERY entry has &SYSR1, 2, or 3 except
>SYS1.PARMLIB on the SYSRES It has ******.    &SYSR2 and &SYSR3 both are set
>to &SYSR1 since we use mod 27s.   We are at z/OS 2.3.

All, thanks for checking.

So my conclusion way back when must have been wrong. I had left SYS1.PARMLIB
(that came with ADCD) on the sysres. There was no SYS1.IBM.PARMLIB, and
SYS1.PARMLIB was the one that was SMP/E-maintained. All other parmlibs were on
the volume I had established called ZOSCAT. (One more thing that wasn't right
with the ADCD systems).
Given that at 1.13 there was no rescue system and I had to IPL the old,
functioning system every time I needed to make a change, I must have overlooked
that only SYS1.PARMLIB needs to be catalogued on volume ******. At least it
didn't do any harm having everything else on sysres catalogued on ******
instead of &sysr1.

Still, the wordings in the books could do with some clarification, preferably
in one central place. The day I did that migration (away from the ADCD res vols
to my own) I must have IPL'd 20 times or so until I got things right. It was a
long day.

Barbara