From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Peter Relson
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SYNCSORT and STEPLIB/JOBLIB/LINKLIB issue

I know nothing about SYNCSORT, but it is possible (and if so they should
document) that the way they ask the system to fetch the module specifically
indicates not to use tasklib/steplib/joblib. When the system does that it is
typically to be using its copy of the named module rather than someone else's
(since you'd have to out of your way, for example, to get your copy into LPA or
ahead of the system's copy in the LNKLST. Since in your case it is "your
module", such program logic would seem kind of strange.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

attachments from your system.