We are planning to test a remote copy sysplex environment and I would like to
test it in our home DEV environment
PROD data will not be accessible during the DR test so PROD sysplex should not
be affected

To test in DEV I have defined a new XCF and CFRM since I will need to do that
for DR
to account for the different CPU serial number.
In DEV I have not changed the serial number for the test, I'm just trying out
the procedure.

At DR we will IPL the sysplex LPARs one at a time so I'm not concerned about
the order, the files or the join.

I'm not sure about the order for DEV.

Do both LPARs need to be down (not desirable) before IPLing either of them with
the new CF and XCF?
Or is one at a time okay since one is removed from the sysplex at shutdown and
just won't be able to join the current one at IPL

I am not planning to create new LOGR and WLM files at DR but I will need to
create them for the test as they are shared.

so, the plan is-

1. create new XCF and CFRM DR files (new LOGR and WLM for testing DEV at home
but not at DR)

2. update COUPLXX with new files

3. shutdown LPAR1

4. IPL LPAR1 with new COUPLxx and respond toinitialize new files

5. Shutdown LPAR2 and IPL with new COUPLxx (no initialize)

Thanks,
Elaine